UPDATE – TUESDAY 5TH OCTOBER
We are excited to welcome you back to Canterbury as we re-open our doors at 00:01am Monday 11th October.
As always, the health and safety of our Members, guests and staff remains our number one priority and as such Canterbury will be adhering to all NSW Government Public Health Orders and restrictions at all times. We recommend that you read the health orders carefully to determine if you are eligible to attend Canterbury at this time.
Initially, the following facilities will be open:
Canterbury League Club
- Upstairs lounge facilities from 00:01am Monday 11th October
- C-Life Health Club from 00:01am Monday 11th October
- The Bistro from 7am Monday 11th October (The Bistro will operate as a Café outside of lunch and dinner)
- The Dynasty from 11am Tuesday 12th October
The Lakemba Club
- Will reopen from 10am Monday 11th October
- Lakemba Bar and Cafe will reopen from 10am Monday 11th October
- Five Spices will remain closed until further notice
Moxon Sports Club
- Will remain closed until further notice
Make up for lost time with friends and family at Canterbury. Reserve your seat at The Bistro today!
To help keep you safe during your visit:
- all patrons must check in using the Service NSW QR code and have a copy of their Covid19 Vaccination Certificate available to show staff upon entry
- all members and guests will be required to wear a mask except for when they are eating, drinking or outdoors
- all customers must remain seated during their visit other than when travelling from one area to another or outdoors
- all staff, members and guests entering our Clubs will have their temperature checked
- anyone who is feeling unwell is requested not to visit our Clubs
- automatic hand sanitiser stations will be readily available
- high traffic areas have increased cleaning cycles with the use of hospital grade disinfectants
- social distancing will be enforced with increased spacing between tables in our restaurants and players on the gaming floor
- all staff will be wearing masks and staff in food service and delivery areas will be wearing gloves
Thank you for your continued loyalty and support during these challenging times.
Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you at the Club soon.
Safety & Social Distancing
Your safety is our number one priority and Canterbury is committed to being CovidSAFE in our venues. Some of the measures that we have implemented include:
- Checking the temperature of all staff, members and guests entering our Clubs
- Asking anyone who is feeling unwell or has recently travelled overseas to not visit our Clubs
- Limiting the amount of people who can visit our Clubs and restaurants at any one time
- Installing automatic hand sanitiser stations throughout the club
- Increasing cleaning cycles of high traffic areas with the use of hospital grade disinfectants
- Increasing the spacing between tables in our restaurants and limiting the size of group bookings
- Modifying the service models for all restaurants so that all items are single touch or disposable such as condiments, menus and straws
- Increasing the space between players on the gaming floor
- Staff in food service and delivery areas are wearing gloves
- Practicing social distancing of 1.5 metres between customers and team members, with clear signage
- Requesting contactless payment where possible
Supervisors and Team Leaders will be walking around our venues tasked with ensuring compliance of social distancing rules, answering questions and promoting good personal hygiene practices.
Ways you can help keep Canterbury safe:
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell
- Be mindful of the 1.5m physical distancing rule
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly and sanitise your hands regularly at one of our automatic hand-sanitising stations
- If you have to cough or sneeze, do so into your elbow or a tissue and dispose of the tissue immediately in our waste bins
- Reduce co-mingling with other patrons not from the same household and with staff to limit the risk of virus transmission
- Limit your movement to other areas of the Club
- Download the CovidSAFE App
Access & Parking
Access to The Lakemba Club will be via the main doors at the front of the Club.
As a safety measure, all members, guests and staff will have their temperature digitally checked as they enter. Staff will be available to direct patrons to a dining outlet to help disperse the crowd, reduce loitering and encourage everyone to maintain a safe 1.5m distance from each other.
Canterbury will be required to record the names and contact details (e.g. telephone number or email address) of all members, guests and staff that enter the Club, and to retain this information for 28 days for contact tracing purposes as per NSW Government regulations.
Bars & Restaurant
Due to the limited capacity of customers allowed into the Club, Lakemba Cafe, Lakemba Bar and Five Spices may have restricted or limited menus. We anticipate opening up menus further as demand increases and encourage you to follow our social media pages or check our website for details of what is currently available.
The Lakemba Cafe and Bar will be operating daily during the Club’s trading hours.
Five Spices will be open for lunch and dinner, Tuesday-Sunday.
Seating at all bars and restaurants will be arranged so that chairs are distanced at 1.5 metres, to give all patrons the opportunity to socially distance.
Members of the same household are not required to socially distance and may wish to bring seating closer together. Family members should observe distancing standards where they are not in the same household.
All restaurants will be using single touch/disposable items including menus, condiments and straws.
Please click on each dining outlet for opening hours and further information.
All financial memberships as at the time of the Club’s closure will be extended for a period of 12 months. This encompasses all memberships with an expiry date of MAR 20 or later printed on the membership card. Your existing membership card will remain valid, however if you wish to receive a new card you will be able to collect a new card from the reception desk when you next visit. Please note that due to the limited number of Admin staff at this time it will not be possible to mail out new cards.
All Engage Rewards tiers were frozen at the time the Club was closed. There will be no tier demotions conducted until such time that the Club is running at or near capacity, however tier promotions will recommence from July.
To ensure fair access to promotions for all Members, there will be no weekly promotions or venue wide promotions run until our Clubs are operating at or near regular capacity and social distancing measures have been eased.
All Members whose birthday fell during the time the Club was closed were provided with an opportunity to utilise their birthday points.
Members who celebrated their birthday in March, April, May and June can redeem their Birthday Rewards by swiping their member card at an Engage Kiosk during the month of June. Regular terms and conditions will apply.
There will be no raffles scheduled at this stage, however we are investigating the opportunity to bring back appropriately socially distanced daytime sessions if capacity allows. We will notify Members via our website and social media pages when this occurs.
Poker will not be available as it is not possible to run it within existing social distancing guidelines.
As a result of the difficulty in managing social distancing requirements, courtesy buses at Canterbury and Lakemba will not be operating at this stage.
The existing regulations and social distancing measures do not support the hosting of shows at the current time.
Functions & Events
Due to the limits on group booking numbers and reduced room capacities to help manage social distancing requirements, the booking of Functions and Meetings is currently unavailable.
For customers with pre-existing bookings, please contact our Functions Team on 9704 7721 or email email@example.com